Single Parenting during the Pandemic
“I lost my job as a security guard in a school when the shutdowns started in March 2020. I started to panic about finding another job because I was pregnant. I was admitted to the hospital for suspected COVID and my husband left us. I feel like there is zero hope for people like me.”
- A single mother from Penang with a new-born baby and boy toddler.
Hundreds of single mother will turn to ShareAngel for help during the pandemic. Many Malaysians are blessed with more than we need, while others need a helping hand. Donating preloved items to ShareAngel is a great way to turn preloved to re-loved items. It directly supports single mother in the country as well as sustains the environment.
What we are doing for the single parent families
Just some of the ways we will be supporting people during the pandemic:
- Collecting preloved items from the donors.
Before donating, take the condition of the item into consideration. Only donate items that are new, unused, or “gently used,” which means items that are in good condition, clean, and presentable. Do not donate items in disrepair that don’t work properly, are missing parts, or are ripped, torn, or stained. If you can’t use the item in its current state, neither can a charity.
- Clean and refurbish the usable preloved items.
- Distributing the preloved items to the single parent families.
- Providing necessities (i.e. food, diapers, milk powders etc) to families who are struggling to feed their children with the fund raised by our social enterprises. [Read More]